Want to meet other John Hay families and share your perspectives with the school leadership? Please consider being part of the conversations that shape our community and PTSA priorities! There is a place for you on our PTSA Board and our events!
The PTSA Board oversees the fundraising efforts and community building priorities at John Hay Elementary throughout the school year. Each year we recruit for volunteer positions. Some require day time work and some require evening work. Some require coordination with others and some are independent, like helping with our website or run our finances. Some are one-time events and some are year-long commitments.
Our PTSA Board meets regularly during the school year. Four key board positions are open as many of them are at the end of their term, so it’s a great time to get involved! We encourage everyone to consider participating! It’s a supportive and diverse group, and we are grateful to those who choose to volunteer their time!
The 2022-2023 executive board:
Vice President- Hanne Koppelman
Secretary- Anitra Zipperer
Interested? Here’s How to Run! If you are interested in running for any positions, please email Hanne Koppelman, who is helping the Elections Committee (PTSA Vice President 2022-2023 school year), at HanneKoppelman@Gmail.Com with your name and position choice by 5pm May 15, 2023. You may also submit a brief bio. A list of candidates and bios will be compiled and circulated. Elections will be held at the June 12th general membership meeting at 6pm. Please note that nominations will also be taken from the floor during the meeting.
More into on WA STATE PTA https://www.wastatepta.org/
EXECUTIVE PTSA BOARD (4)
· Oversees and coordinates the work of an executive board to run a PTSA effectively
· Presides at PTSA board and association meetings
· Serves as the official contact, communicator and representative of a PTSA
· Designated as an authorized signer for PTSA checks, contracts and authorizations for payment
· Serves as ex-officio member of all committees except the nominating committee
· Works with other PTSA leaders to connect families, school and community to support student success
· Works as the primary aide to the president
· Helps lead a PTSA towards specific goals consistent with PTSA purposes and policies
· Performs president’s duties in their absence
· Carries out other duties outlined in unit bylaws and standing rules or as assigned
· Maintains permanent records to track unit funds and financial transactions
· Chairs budget committee and prepares annual budget for adoption by the association
· Pays all PTSA bills as authorized by board or association
· Prepares reports for every board and association meeting and an annual financial report
· Ensures taxes and reports required by PTSA bylaws, insurance or federal and state governments are completed and submitted by the due dates
· Takes minutes at board and association meetings
· Handles PTSA correspondence as directed by the president
· Maintains and preserves PTSA records and important documents to pass on at the end of the term
PTSA BOARD POSITONS (8)
FACE (FAMILY AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT)
Family and Community Engagement (FACE) makes sure that ALL CPMS families feel included in, and engaged with, our school.
This position works to promote family/school partnerships, and to reach out to the broader community.
AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMMING
This person is in charge of working with external vendor, teachers and staff members to run our after school programs and offerings.
Includes scheduling, finding the space, communicate the offer to families and ensure minimal signups to secure the programs running for the scheduled budget and on time.
Basketball, music, soccer, tennis, robotics, sewing are some fan favorites from the past years.
Manage communications for the PTSA.
Including: creating social media posts, emails to membership, updates to the website and creation of a monthly newsletter that is attached to the school monthly newsletter.
Keeps the PTSA website updated with current information that is provided to them from the Board of Directors.
Amplifies and advocates for diversity, equity, and inclusion within the community.
They promote an enriching and supportive environment for all families at John Hay by recognizing and celebrating our community’s diversity and elevating underrepresented voices and viewpoints.
This position is active throughout the school year, works closely with the FACE Chair and can act as proxy for the FACE chair at board of directors meetings.
Keeps the PTSA membership informed about local, state and national level issues, and how they impact our children.
This person would give reports to membership at PTSA meetings and give updates for the school newsletter.
Works to recruit members to the PTSA and entering those members into the state membership database.
Communication with parents and staff using PTSA communication tools as well as being at events to advertise the benefits of PTSA membership to families.
Someone passionate about providing perspective from families with special needs students to the PTSA.
This person would connect with CPMS families/staff and other Special Education Reps throughout the district.